Monday, September 4, 2023

A Realtor's Tribute To Jimmy Buffett

 I have been saddened recently by the death of Jimmy Buffett.    I grew up with him, well kind of.  Some might argue, I have some growing still to do!    However, as we get older and lose those that inspired us or entertained us, it brings mortality into focus. 


An acquaintance of mine wrote these words from his interview with him:

JB: You know, I didn’t try and create all of this. It just happened while I was having a good time. I wanted to have a good time, so I wrote about what I know. Life is hard, and I wanted to create a place where it wasn’t.


From Dave Matthews.  

Whether planned or coincidence, every time I ran into Jimmy it was like seeing an old friend. He was brilliant and a genuinely good and generous man.


If you read all the tributes to Jimmy Buffett, you have a roadmap for a life well lived.   I realize he had wealth beyond what most have.   However, he had these qualities before he ‘made it’.  He just lived a life of giving and fun.  


I try to live my life with a smile on my face.   Whether I am helping my real estate customers, playing golf with friends or just spending time with family, I try to make others smile and not stress about whatever we are involved in.    


Jimmy’s passing has been a reminder that I sometimes have to work harder at ever present smiles. However, I will continue to work at being generous, smiling a lot and just treating others like Jimmy Buffet!   #RIP JB


No comments:

Huntersville|Lake Norman|Charlotte | A Seller’s duty to disclose latent material Defects

  QUESTION:   In reading last week’s Q&A ( Disclosure, Material Facts, the Residential Property Disclosure Statement, and the Due Dilige...