Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Roby Robertson | Your Realtor and Friend

 I have been a Realtor and Property Manager for 20 plus years now and I feel I have been pretty successful.   Heck, making it that long in this business has been interesting and a challenge.


I  like what I do and have the intention of retiring because of that enjoyment.     However, even at my age and years in the business, I struggle with marketing decision making and growth. 

A lot of real estate is about marketing and it is so easy to throw good advertising money at bad advertising.   I have always thought about my chick flick favorite movie ‘The Notebook’ when Ryan Gosling says to Allie in a forceful way ‘WHAT DO YOU WANT’  and how I can use that in marketing.

When someone becomes a customer, I feel I can always give them what they want and do a great job for them.   With all the competition, I struggle to get that message across without sounding salesy like everyone else.   I also often wonder if it is a beauty contest since we all put our pictures on everything.   I sincerely hope not because I feel like I lose every time  up against the glamor shots and the young guns.

I will just say this.   I work hard for my clients and look out for them.   Don’t know how else to put it. 



No comments:

Huntersville|Lake Norman|Charlotte | A Seller’s duty to disclose latent material Defects

  QUESTION:   In reading last week’s Q&A ( Disclosure, Material Facts, the Residential Property Disclosure Statement, and the Due Dilige...